One of the reasons why some people are motivated to live a healthy lifestyle is because they want to improve their skin’s appearance.
There are lots of people that struggle from various skin problems such as eczema, allergy, acne, wrinkles, dry skin, Rosacea, scars, and many other skin conditions. Indeed, it is very upsetting to have these skin problems. At the same time it also stressful to look for a solution for this problem.
While conventional treatment may offer some relief, the treatment per se may not be effective if the person’s health is in jeopardy. Food among many others is one of the major factors that contribute in maintaining a good health. But the problem is – improper food choices may affect the vibrancy of one’s skin.
Eating the right kind of foods, taking vitamin supplements, and living a healthy lifestyle are the effective means to improve the health of the skin. Proper nutrition also helps provide immunity and protection to keep the skin at its best. Now, people have realized that healthy diet plays a crucial role in maintaining a younger and healthy looking skin.
In fact, just by simply making small changes in your diet- you can already improve your skin’s appearance in just a short span of time!
The Link between Food and Skin Needling
Proper diet has a very important role in your skin’s health. If you are not in good health, it will be easily observed in your skin’s condition. If you are eating the wrong kind of foods such as excessive consumption of processed foods, drinking too much alcohol, caffeine and other unhealthy diet – your skin will surely suffer.
Worst, whatever skin treatment you use, it will not be able to improve your skin condition. This is evident when you perform skin needling therapy. If you are in a poor state of health, you will not be a good candidate for this treatment.
The skin needling therapy or also known as percutaneous collagen induction (PCI), and microneedling therapy is a minimally invasive procedure used for skin rejuvenation. It involves the use of device that contains microneedles. These needles are used to create micro injury that will trigger the body to create new collagen and elastin.
Through the process of forming new collagen and elastin, this will eventually help improve the appearance and texture of the skin. It will also make the skin look firmer; reduce pores, scars, stretch marks and other skin marks. The entire process usually takes weeks to complete.
If you have a poor health you will have a delayed healing process. Eating processed foods, drinking too much caffeine and alcohol has bad effects in your skin. Instead of getting away with scars, you may end up having more scars because the healing process is impaired.
Thus, it is recommended that you take in more raw foods in the diet. Preferably, eat more fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Taking Vitamin C supplements will also do wonders in your skin.
The ABC’s in Taking Care of Your Skin
If you want to have a fabulous and vibrant skin, you need to make sure that you take in healthy foods and drink plenty of water. Keep in mind that everything you eat can have an effect in your body. If you eat healthier foods, your skin will also become healthier.
On the other hand, if you do not pay attention to your diet, the more skin problems will come out. You can either have a dry, old-looking skin and or sallow skin. If you starve your skin of the essential nutrients, it will show in the skin in just a short span of time.
More so, if there are missing essential nutrients in your diet; it may also cause some serious problems in your skin. So you have to make sure that you have a consistently healthy and balance diet, at all times.
Having acne, eczema, and other skin problems worsen because you lack the essential nutrients that supposed to serve as your protection against this skin problem.
A Run Down on the Healthy Food Choices
Even dermatologist would agree that you need to pay attention to having a balanced diet to ensure you have a healthy skin. So what are the healthy foods and drinks that will help your skin look young and fresh?
- Low Fat Dairy Products – Low fat dairy products are rich in Vitamin A which is an important component of healthy skin. In fact, your skin’s cells are dependent on the dietary intake of vitamin A. Low fat yogurt are good sources of Vitamin A. Carrots are also a rich source.
- Blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries – These foods has antioxidant properties which helps fight free radicals that are harmful in the body particularly in the skin. Being an antioxidant it also helps protect the skin against damage and premature aging.
- Flaxseed, Walnuts, Salmon, Tuna, Canola Oil and other healthy oils – These foods are rich in essential fatty acids which are a key element for a healthy skin. It also protects the skin against inflammatory processes can harm the skin cells.
- Whole-Wheat Bread, Cereals and Turkey – Rich in selenium, these food group plays an important role in maintain a healthy skin. If you have high selenium, you have more protection against sun damage.
- Green Tea – A healthy drink, green tea proves to be one of the best drinks for having a healthier skin. It has a protective and anti-inflammatory process which is good for the skin.
- Water – Last but not the least, a clean and pure drinking water helps keep the skin stay hydrated and healthy.
If you want to have a great looking skin, you need to take plenty of these food stuffs.
The Effects of Healthy Foods on the Treatment Outcome
If you are in great shape, you will have a faster healing and recovery process after having a dermarolling treatment. So make sure that you eat more raw and fresh foods to keep your skin look fabulous and healthy. This will also help improve the treatment outcome which is permanent and long lasting.
So always remember to live well, and eat well!